We've rounded up the best food news from around the Web. See what we're reading!
Besides bringing on a spike in temperature, summer brings us one of our favorite ingredients -- sweet corn. We love throwing this fresh it into all kinds of dishes, from soups to unconventional desserts. Looking for some corny (sorry!) inspiration? Try this Grilled Corn with Sour Cream and Cotija Cheese and more corn-centric meals.
Grilling season is here, people! This dinner highlights everything we love about summer -- it's intensely flavorful but comes together in mere minutes. Not ready to grill outside yet? Make tonight's meal right on the stove (don't expect any leftovers!).
Cooking this Chili-Lime Pork and Corn Salad? Here's a shopping list to get you started:
- 5 ears corn (4 cups kernels)
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded if desired, minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for grill
- 2 limes
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), each cut into six 1-inch-thick medallions
Grilling is supposed to be easy. You just heat up the grill and throw your food on there, right? Well, not exactly -- but truth be told, it isn't much more complicated than that. As summer approaches, don’t let popular grilling "wisdom" overcomplicate the issue. Read on to find out which so-called tips you can definitely ignore.
In honor of Food Revolution Day today, Sarah is making Jamie Oliver’s colorful shredded salad. Eating vegetables just got a whole lot more exciting.
Want to start shopping? Here's your ingredient list (plus what you'll need to whisk up an easy dressing):
- 2 raw medium beets (any color), trimmed, scrubbed, and quartered
- 1/4 red cabbage, quartered
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1/4 white cabbage, quartered
- 2 pears, stems removed and quartered
- 1 cup walnut halves, roughly bashed
- 2 handfuls fresh curly parsley or mint, choppe
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce