Grilling is supposed to be easy. You just heat up the grill and throw your food on there, right? Well, not exactly -- but truth be told, it isn't much more complicated than that. As summer approaches, don’t let popular grilling "wisdom" overcomplicate the issue. Read on to find out which so-called tips you can definitely ignore.
In honor of Food Revolution Day today, Sarah is making Jamie Oliver’s colorful shredded salad. Eating vegetables just got a whole lot more exciting.
Want to start shopping? Here's your ingredient list (plus what you'll need to whisk up an easy dressing):
- 2 raw medium beets (any color), trimmed, scrubbed, and quartered
- 1/4 red cabbage, quartered
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1/4 white cabbage, quartered
- 2 pears, stems removed and quartered
- 1 cup walnut halves, roughly bashed
- 2 handfuls fresh curly parsley or mint, choppe
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
Everyone has that one food they just can’t stand. We understand. On the other hand, many people have given up on foods they haven’t given a fair chance. You may think you hate these next ingredients, but let us explain why it's time to reconsider.
Crisp, tart, sweet, and refreshing-- the Tom Collins is the perfect classic cocktail to celebrate the warmer weather we're having here in New York (finally!), and to kick-off the Manhattan Cocktail Classic, starting tomorrow. I will be live tweeting, instagraming, and more from the event so stay-tuned for more cocktail updates all weekend! Cheers!
This dish proves that olives, capers, and anchovies can share the same pan without overwhelming your palate. Watch to see Sarah layering flavors.
Want to start shopping now? Here's your ingredient list:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1-inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped