Good morning! Did you remember to change your clocks last night? During these shorter days, there's nothing we love to come home to more than a warm bowl of hearty chili. Today's recipe is not only deliciously seasoned, but it's also bean-free. (Did I mention that this is Texas-style chili?) Whip up a hearty batch of chili tonight and put it in your freezer for the next time you have a hankering for something spicy!
Ready to get cooking? Pick up these ingredients and get started!
- 1 1/2 ounces dried guajillo chiles
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 pound boneless beef short ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium white onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 3/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar