Today, Sarah's joined in the kitchen by Aran Goyoaga, the blogger and photographer behind Cannelle et Vanille. Aran specializes in gluten-free cooking, so she's sharing her own recipe for tender and tart cranberry-quinoa scones. These lovely little bites are delicious on their own but even better when enjoyed with a warm cup of tea. Enjoy them as a healthy breakfast this weekend!
Keep in mind, these scones will not rise to the same height as traditional variations because they're gluten-free, so shape them to your preferred height before baking.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 large eggs