Do you know how to roast a chicken? If the answer is no, please stop reading this post and consult Sarah Carey's couldn't-be-easier recipe for Every Week Roast Chicken. This simple technique is the gateway to a promising culinary future -- or at least a solid, company-worthy dinner.
But if you already have this essential skill in your arsenal, might we suggest that it's time to switch things up (just a bit). Today, we're making roast chicken with acorn squash and radicchio. It's a fragrant and flavorful meal that your family will absolutely love. Set your oven and get roasting tonight!
Ready to shop? Here's what you'll need:
- 1 large acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pound)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head radicchio, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves