There is a time for experimentation in the kitchen. And then there are Mondays.
At the beginning of the week, unfussy meals with clean flavors and simple recipes are the only way to go. Today's recipe for broiled pork tenderloin offers just that -- an easy recipe, delicious results, and enough leftovers to create an entirely different dish later in the week. Since the oven will already be on, take a minute to roast up some Brussels sprouts, parsnips, and onions to serve alongside. This rustic dinner is the perfect way to bring a bit of color to your fall table. Make it for your family tonight!
Ready to cook? Here's what you'll need:
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds total), excess fat and silver skin removed
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds small parsnips (about 12), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice