You've pulled out the down comforter. You're wearing the heavier jacket (or you will be soon). That can only mean one thing: it's time for soup season! This rich beef stew has the kind of robust flavors that waft throughout your home, instantly making any place feel cozy. Prepared with only a few flavor-packed grocery-store basics, this one-step recipe is a serious weeknight winner.
Ready to cook? Here's what you'll need to get started:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound small potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound frozen peas and carrots, thawed