The best weeknight meals are often the ones you don't overthink. Sure, it can be wonderful to follow a recipe from start to finish, but it can be equally gratifying (not to mention, delicious) to take a quick peek inside your fridge and find inspiration in your own leftovers.
That's why today's recipe for chicken, potato, and spinach hash is such a perfect Tuesday night meal. It combines cooked chicken (our every week roast chicken would work well here) with two ingredients you probably already have in your fridge: fresh spinach (or any greens) and Yukon gold potatoes. This uncomplicated dish can be customized to suit your own tastes (say with a few red pepper flakes or a sprinkle of Parmesan and lemon zest), so adjust the flavors accordingly.
Ready to get cooking? Here's what you'll need:
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 large shallots, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound spinach, trimmed, washed, and coarsely chopped
- Fresh lemon juice
Get the Full Recipe