Ketchup. We love it. Don't you? Of course, it's the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors and can instantly transform a dish from average to irresistible.
But, every once in a while, we like to change things up. That's why today, we're coating our burgers with an herbaceous and bright chimichurri sauce. The end result is more reminiscent of a grilled steak than a classic hamburger, which is a welcome change this late in the summer.
Try this recipe before the season is over. And if you simply can't imagine a grill gathering without ketchup, just bring on the fries.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 4 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck (80% lean), formed into four 1-inch-thick patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sliced tomato, for serving
- Baby arugula or other greens, for serving
Get the Full Recipe