Sometimes, even the most passionate cooks lack the inspiration needed to turn out an amazing dinner. If this has happened to you recently (as it certainly has to so many of us), don't sweat it. Instead, consider using a strategy that our test kitchen holds in high esteem -- use a spice rub!
Now, before you start dreaming about long lists of ingredients, know this: today's hot mixture needs just three ingredients (that's salt, pepper, and cayenne) and doesn't require any extra marinating time. Just coat your chicken, grill, and serve with a cool and creamy avocado salsa. Prepare for compliments on this super simple meal -- no one has to know that it came together in just 20 minutes!
Hitting the store? Here's what you'll need:
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks