In the summertime, we're looking to highlight fresh flavors on every plate. With produce at its peak, there's no need to rely on slow cooking techniques to draw out flavors. Instead, seek out your favorite seasonal fruits and vegetables and toss them into your meal -- raw!
Today's recipe combines sweet summer tomatoes and quickly blanched green beans with pasta and fresh mint. And since this simple but elegant dish is equally tasty served warm or at room temperature, it's the perfect make-ahead bowl for your next summer soiree. Bon appetit!
Ready to chop those vegetables? Here's your recipe shopping list:
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound beefsteak tomatoes, diced medium
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill or mint