We love a good throwback --it is Thursday after all.
Give us a recipe that reminds us of happy memories and we'll create a reason to make it again and again. At the same time, there's really no better culinary feeling than discovering a new go-to dish. Today's recipe offers the best of both worlds. Last year, we whipped up an incredible sauce to coat our sticky orange-glazed chicken thighs. Now, we're bringing back those wonderful flavors and slathering them on a thick pork shoulder. The results speak for themselves -- which is a good thing because we were too busy licking our plates to talk about our love for this dish.
Ready to shop? Here's what you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 pounds), patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce