Let's get one thing straight: we like our desserts rich and we like 'em sweet.
But sometimes (oh, say, after we've gorged on these babies), we seek to indulge without guilt. Today's recipe for Angel Food Cake lets us do just that. Made with whipped egg whites and far less sugar than a typical cake, this dessert won't heavily impact your waistline. In fact, this airy treat is so tasty that we'd happily enjoy it even on days that we weren't making healthy food choices.
Cloud 9 the market? Start shopping now:
- 1 cup cake flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Berries and Cream, for serving