Did you spend your weekend cooking up a (or in a) storm? We did! So if you're like us, you're probably looking for an unfussy dinner right about now. Say hello to your new favorite weeknight recipe -- a quick-cooking Vietnamese Skirt Steak and seasonal Asparagus Salad. This recipe offers globally-inspired flavors that will feel right at home in your kitchen.
Ready to start shopping? Here's your list of ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from 5 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch large asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red or green chile, seeded if desired
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound minute steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grilling'