Welcome to My Kitchen Pantry, where we glimpse inside the kitchens of some of our favorite chefs and serious home cooks to try and uncover their can't-live-without everyday foods. Today we're peeking into the kitchen of Top Chef: All Stars winner Richard Blais, a man as well-known for his avant-garde cuisine as for his recipe titles. Read on for his go-tos.
"The one ingredient I always have on-hand is vinegar. But I couldn't live without fresh veggies, rice, or pasta either!"
- The food I eat every (or almost every) day is … Bananas, coffee, pimiento cheese sandwiches and some sort of a leftover salad that I have from dinner the night before.
- But I also couldn't live without …Fresh vegestables, rice, and pasta!
- When I'm looking to give my meal an extra flavor boost, I reach for…Vinegar! Or hot sauce.
- When no one is home, I make myself…A roast chicken. Or Chinese takeout.
- But my kids go crazy for my... Pasta.I'm a gifted pasta cook, and I do wonders with one pot chicken dishes!
- When I'm too tired to cook anything, I make…Cucumber & mayo sandwich with salt on wheat bread.