What is more festive than a candy cane? Nothing! So year after year do you find yourself buying boxes to decorate the house and distribute to all the good boys and girls on your Christmas list? And, year after year, do you find yourself with tons of candy canes leftover? Well not this Christmas! We've got some great ideas for you to put those leftovers to good use while packing up your decorations.
1) Crush them to garnish a glass for this fun cocktail .
2) Make peppermint bark. Just melt some white (or dark) chocolate, pour onto a parchment-lined rimed baking sheet, sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until firm.
3) Stir your coffee or hot cocoa with a candy cane for a hint of peppermint flavor!
4) Bake any of these cookies, all topped with crushed peppermint candies or candy canes:
5) Make peppermint sauce for a brownie sundae. Stir together equal parts cream and crushed candy canes over medium heat until smooth, then immediately whisk in some white chocolate until melted.
6) Make candy cane ice cream. Fold crushed candy canes into softened chocolate ice cream.
7) Make this easy fudge, and used crushed candy canes in place of peppermint candies.